CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Sunday, June 3, 2012

GREEK YOGURT MAPLE VANILLA PANCAKE

So I've been on a diet going on my third week.  This is a serious diet.  After my surgery in September of 2011, the weight did not want to come off.  Apparently, per my doctor, the fibroid in my uterus acted like I was pregnant.  Plus I was watching most of what I ate but didn't really record it and limit myself to the number of calorie intake per day.  Until May 15th.  I've lost 9 lbs. since and it took about a day or two to get used to my caloric limit.  I was also motivated by the change in my scale each day to continue to work out at least 40 minutes to an hour everyday.

However, I am simply getting tired of salads and fruit.  Every once in a while I'd like to have some carbs, ha!  So I made this yummy greek yogurt pancake but tweaked the recipe a little so as not to sacrifice flavor.


Really easy with only a few ingredients.  It looks brown because of the Canadian maple oil and vanilla I added.  Also, I used all purpose gluten free flour by Red Mill. Of course, if you add butter (which I'm not really fond of) and depending on how much syrup you use, the calories will pile on.  I'm not a big fan of sugar free syrup but that's why I tweaked the recipe so I can have the regular syrup.  Enjoy!

1/2 cup Red Mill All purpose gluten free flour
1 container of Oikos Greek Yogurt Plain
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp Canadian Maple oil (I ordered mine online.  You can use anything you want though, or just skip it.)
1/8 c. of water (or less if you want a thicker result)


Combine flour and baking soda and mix together.  Crack the egg in the yogurt container and mix to incorporate.  Add this mixture into the flour mixture with a whisk.  Add the vanilla and the flavoring you wish.  Add some water according to the consistency desired.  Fry with olive oil in medium heat.

Yields 8 medium sized pancakes about 6 in. in diameter.


No comments: