CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

PRESERVING BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS




These are the flowers that I got from my son last Mother's Day and




these are the ones he sent me for my birthday!



It's awesome that my boy is very thoughtful lately so I wanted to preserve these moments by drying the roses since those are the only flowers that can be preserved, really.

So I gathered all the roses, tied them up with a rubber band and hung them upside down in a very dark closet.  

After sometime, they are dried, I carefully dipped them in Mod Podge, making sure that the stuff got into the cracks and crevices.  The Mod Podge dries clear and shiny something like varnish.  At this point you can spread the petals back to their natural state since the mod podge will moisten the petals for a bit.




Once dried, I cut a block of flower arrangement foam to fit into the smiley face cup the flowers came in and cut the stems and arranged them. A sheet of gift wrap tissue was placed in and around the stems.  Ta da!!! It now sits in his room waiting for him to see when he comes in from Massachusetts tonight with his Lady Love!



No comments: