CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

YOU ARE SPECIAL



When I say I am a Christian, I’m not shouting I’m clean livin’
I’m whispering I was lost, now, I am forgiven.
When I say I am a Christian, I don’t speak of this with pride,
I’m confessing that I stumbled and I need Christ to be my guide.
When I say I am a Christian, I’m not trying to be strong
I’m professing that I’m weak and need his strength to carry on.
When I say I am a Christian, I’m not bragging of success
I’m admitting that I’ve failed I need God to clean my mess
When I say I’m a Christian, I’m not claiming to be perfect
My flaws are far too visible but God says, I am worth it
When I say I am a Christian, I can feel the sting of pain
I have my share of heartaches so I call upon his name
When I say I’m a Christian, I’m not holier than thou
I’m just a simple sinner who received God’s grace somehow.

-Author Unknown

What kind of God calls on these types of people with known deficiencies to carry out his plans?  Noah was a drunk, Lot gave up his daughters as sacrifices, Samson was a pyromaniac.  He didn't get the girl he desired so he captured 300 foxes, tied their tails together and then set it on fire to destroy the entire community's crops therefore their whole economy singlehandedly!  David was an adulterer and a murderer, Jonah was a racist against the Ninevites, Matthew a tax collector, the list goes on and on.  God is pure, powerful and perfect... but yet, he didn't use the pristine, instead he used the imperfect.  Why?  Simple, imperfect sinners at the hands of an extraordinary and loving God, are transformed into extraordinary chosen people to show us that our imperfections, mistakes and sins are the very thread that God uses to bring us back to Him.  Remember the poem above?  TRUE Christ-like followers are sinners too.  Our church's motto is "This is not a country club for saints, but a hospital for sinners"  

There were two midwives in the Book of Exodus named Sheprah and Puah. These two women, although stood to face death in the hands of the pharoah went against him and refused to kill the male newborns as ordered.  They were simple women whose names found their way in the bible but the name of the leader of the Egyptians who were the smartest and most powerful nation in their day, God excluded from the bible.  To Him, the pharoah's name didn't matter at all.  In our day, it would have been the Donald Trumps and Bill Gates.  As Christians, we are already called by God into a full time ministry.  Our ministry isn't necessarily confined within the four walls of the church, it could be outside the church. 

But when fear takes over our hearts, it discourages us from planting the seeds of Christian faith to the people we come in contact with on a daily basis.  Remember that to whom much is given, much is expected.  We have to fight a tough battle to overcome this fear, fight our hardest battle, after all, God is worth fighting for.  It won't be easy but as long as we have at least 55% certainty of that which we fight for, we just have to follow through till the end.  Erase doubts and fears that hold you back, it will free you up so just GO FOR IT!

Our past hurts prevent us from going for it but those are lies that tell us we are not good enough.  Then we start believing and start living it.  But God gives us the admiration, love and acceptance that we will need to conquer all doubts, and although not worthy as sinners to be loved by a PERFECT POWERFUL PURE God, He loves us anyway.  So no matter how, what, when, where you do it, share the gifts that God gave you to give to others in His name.  It's free, but most of all, your heavenly bank account will be filled.  Think about it...

Feel free to leave a comment, otherwise... Have a great day and Love one another.

No comments: