CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Monday, October 8, 2012

SWEET SWEET RETRO CANDY JAR MADE OF PAPER CLAY

Hey-LO!  This paper clay candy jar was masterminded by moi jeez I guess a year or two ago, just sat sadly plainly on my shelf all this time.  I knew I wanted to do something cute but had no clue until the other day while watching my 49ers win again.  I hope it inspires you to do something so random but utilitarian at the same time, cute!

It started with a plastic container from the store, you know the kind the peanut brittle or cookies come in from Costco.  I actually had to handcraft a lid for it using a styrofoam ball for a handle (check out the Youtube video click here http://youtu.be/n1Gm207-rtA)  Then I let it dry for 2 years, LOL!!! I crack myself up!


Then I drew some random drawing after applying a coat of gesso and began painting away.  I chose the retro style colors and whimsy because it's fun!






Until my next rant/project... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

No comments: