CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Throwback Thursday - REVIVAL OF ANTIQUE BUTTONS



Those buttons on your grandma's coat?  Have you ever really observed the intricate designs of these types of buttons during the days where buttons adorned clothes so elegantly?  You don't see them anymore unless you pay big money for them.  I have a handful of them and decided to make a mold out of extra polymer clay I had on hand.  Green ones. So I made the molds and decided to make some with paper clay to adorn some of my artwork.  It's better to have them on hand now than realize you want to incorporate them but it takes too long so you do without!  Well, for Throwback Thursday, I challenge you to go through your grandma's closet and BORROW the buttons just to make a mold and reuse them over and over again later on!  Below you will see the end result. After I took them out of the oven, I painted them with black acrylic paint and after it dried I took a little paint on my finger and hit the high parts



Here are some of the ones I already have that I made molds from. I have more but these are a good start.

First, sprinkled a little baby powder and swirled the nooks and cranny with a stiff brush so that the clay would easily be released.



 Release and trim excess




Bake at 200 degrees for 20 minutes each side, total 40 minutes.  Do not remove from the toaster oven until the oven cools down.


You can use these to incorporate in your art journals, collage work, etc. You can also drill and add embellishments for your projects!

No comments: