CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A TIMELESS LOVE LIKE NO OTHER



Two thousand and thirteen years ago, a child was born in a manger.  This was no ordinary baby.  He was the one promised long ago by God, who was the power above ALL, the catalyst to finally reconstruct our broken relationship with Him.  This was Their plan all along.  By “Their” I mean the Three God-Heads.  The “Eloh” (GOD) “im” (plural) God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.  All Persons.  

At times I muse on why God the Son was picked to be the unfortunate Godhead to come down and be subjected to the ignorance of the human race?  As a human being and a Christian, I am not worthy to question my all powerful Lord but He understands my heart.  In the Old Testament, God showed proof that He is real.  I mean a sea parting?  A crazy old man building a giant boat?  I can hear their sneers in my own imagination right now!  The people must have called him a kook, a prepper, scroll thumper, etc. just like Christians today are called all kinds of hateful names.  

However, with much understanding as far as my human intelligence can reach, it was for these reasons that the Godheads decided to send God the Son as a sacrifice for the final curtain call on us heathens.  I say heathens because we all ARE heathens.  Anyone who says he or she is not a sinner, just sinned.  I have no course to judge anyone, however, because I believe a sin is a sin is a sin.  Your sin resolution is between you and God.  Not between you, God, and everyone else including me.

God promised the people of the Old Testament that a child will be born and his name is Immanuel which means “God with us”.  Do you know that even after Jesus was born those heathens were still plagued in unbelief?  Thousands gathered round to see His beatings, humiliations, and persecution but still only a percentage of them believed?  

As a human being I could just raised my hands and say, fine, I quit. YOU ALL DIE! Boom!  Plagues and floods and fires!!!  But that’s me, I’m human.  I am not God.  That is why God works in the humblest of all ways, beyond ALL human comprehension.  He does not force us to care.  To care about something as fundamental as our soul.  He wants us to come to Him with all our hearts, with all our might.  He wants us to love Him with a passion that is only for Him.  That is why He sent something, someone as precious as HIS SON, an equally powerful GODHEAD, not just some angel from his staff.  His ONLY Son.  Jesus.  The One who gave up His own life to save those who LOVE Him, with only one request, one commandment.  LOVE ONE ANOTHER.  

Two Thousand and thirteen years ago.  


Until my next rant... You know what to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Insightful as always. Merry Christmas.