CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Saturday, December 28, 2013

PARADISE OR BUST



I used to be so cynical and didn't want to hear anyone talking about God. I thought it was lame.  I didn't understand the Bible so I just got frustrated and stopped.  I said to myself it is easier to be bad than good.  Good is boring and we put in too much effort.  But when trials came along, I felt guilty about calling on God because of my cynicism, why would He even want to listen to me now?  So I had no other choice but to look around me for guidance.  Yes, there were people who cared, people with advice but I quickly realized that they were not as sympathetic with me because they're also human with problems like mine, maybe even worse.  I continued to live this cycle over and over.  I likened it to God trying to send me a rescue helicopter while I was a castaway in a deserted island and I kept refusing to get board to be rescued.


I am positive that this happens to the best of us, perhaps I was not the only one who feels this way from time to time.  What was disheartening at the time was that I was stubborn and wasted my time needlessly worrying about life and the future when the future was already written for me and whether good or bad things happen, there is really nothing we could do but to live our lives for God so that our unwritten life in heaven would be available for us eternally!  Which life would you rather choose?

Until my next rant…. LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm wishing you a Happy New Year and Gods blessings for 2014. Thanks for your insights.
God Bless