CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Saturday, February 15, 2014

"WHO" IS THERE FOR YOU?


I couldn't help myself. I had to do it, just for kicks.

Joking aside though, after I finished this piece (which was actually just a quick sketch done in my tiny sketchbook), I've decided to look up the symbolic meaning of the owl.  Much to my surprise, certain cultures have different symbolisms for the owl.  However, for this purpose, I chose the positive meanings.

Throughout many cultures, the symbolic meaning of owl deals with: Intelligence, brilliance, perspective, intuition, quick-wit, independence, wisdom, protection, mystery, and power.

Native American tribes (primarily plains' Indians) viewed the owl as a protector against harm and their feathers were ritually worn to ward off evil spirits.

Ancient Athenians made the owl an emblem of wisdom and even emblazoned the image of the owl on their coinage. http://www.symbolic-meanings.com/2007/08/14/owl-symbolism-deeper-meaning-of-owl/

For me, an owl is someone who keeps watch at night.  It is nocturnal and awake while the world sleeps.  In our slumber, we are vulnerable and in need of the most protection.  The owl can be compared to God, the one who watches and guides us when we are most vulnerable to the wiles of the world.  Consider yourself so blessed when you have God on your side at all times.  He stands watch for the hearts who love him.  I can attest to the fact that when I ask for answers, He is ready to give them to me.  When our hearts work closely with our minds, God's voice becomes more audible.  Skeptics would sarcastically comment about a booming voice.  No, there is no booming voice, no words to describe it because our minds cannot even comprehend an iota of God's ways and how He speaks unless you are tuned into His "channel."

All you have to do is simply listen with your heart, not your ears or your minds and I guarantee that His voice will be heard.  I pray that if you truly want to hear His voice, you will seek Him and draw close.  It is so worth it!

Until my next rant… LOVE ONE ANOTHER!!  I love you and I mean it!


No comments: