CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Saturday, March 28, 2015

SALVATION - MORE THAN YOUR FUTURE


So you've professed that you are a sinner, confessed that Jesus is your Lord and Savior, asked Him to forgive you and promised to be an obedient Christian.  What now?

Do you realize that your salvation (being saved) is not just your entrance ticket to the pearly gates, living in the glory of God for eternity, but also your salvation NOW?  

We need to look at the big picture here.  Ever since the beginning of time, in Genesis, the stories all lead up to Jesus.  When man sinned against God, he put a wedge between himself and God.  Until God forgives, people will be lost in life.  This is the reason why sinners are clouded in their existence.  There is no peace, joy, and happiness in their life.  Before I got saved, the question haunted me.  Is this all there is to life?  I remember how that felt in my life.  I was in a dead end.  All of my bad decisions previously were now piling up on top of me and I couldn't breathe.  Literally.  When I gave my life to Jesus, there was a renewal, a change if you will that suddenly my life was meaningful.  After receiving the salvation and staying close with God, you will start to experience His grace, His Love, joy in your heart and peace.

You see, God will always take you to a higher level every time you hit a plateau.  He will challenge you to learn the deeper truths in life until "He" starts to make sense.  Just because you know you are saved from eternal damnation, it doesn't mean that you can't be saved from the daily challenges of life.    Paul says in Thessalonians 5:9 that believers will live with Christ in this world (when we are "awake") and in the next (when we are "asleep").  

God chose to save us through His only Son Jesus Christ so as not to pour His anger on us!  And boy, does He have a lot to be angry about!

Hey, you know, thank God for Jesus!  Can you imagine if we were living as they did in the old testament and every time we sin we would have to make an animal offering to God in order to be forgiven?  I mean I have three dogs, and I'm pretty sure that by now they all have been offered!  What's next? My kids?  So you see how much God loves us?  His perfection enables Him to forgive His own creation, in His own image... His children.  Us.  But there is a breaking point as well.  Just because God doles out forgiveness, it doesn't mean we have carte blanche to commit sins.  We have a responsibility to achieve and attain the best possible height of his expectations of us.

Think about it.  Until my next rant.... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

No comments: