CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Saturday, January 9, 2016

WHY ARE YOU STILL UP?





There are many reasons why we are kept awake at night.  I am an insomniac.  I'm awake more than I am asleep most nights.  Sometimes the reason is that I'm worried, but most times it is because my brain is just on full throttle and difficult to shut off.    As an artist I am constantly bombarded by ideas of creativity.  I don't dislike that part of it.


However, most people really do stay awake at night due to worry, stress, unforgiveness and the like.  During those times, I choose to attack the problem in a way that, to most, may seem unconventional.  The default justification is oftentimes "because I'm only human and that is why I worry."  While this statement is true, it is also controllable.  When God says, "give all your burdens to me and I will give you rest,"  you have to take it at face value.  Sometimes, you need to visualize yourself with something tangible in your hand handing it over to another pair of hands representing God's, and then washing your own with soap and water.  That is what works for me.  Sometimes, in my mind's eye, I take a deep breath, blow out really black smoke into a bubble and let it go up into the sky to God, never to think about it again.

When we were children, our imaginative and innocent minds allow us to visualize this, but because garbage comes into our minds and our hearts as we go through pain, life lessons, etc. as the years pass, if we don't maintain that innocence, soon they will be suppressed farther and farther down and actually kill us.  However, we are reminded about that child again as we lead our own children through life's pain and then we wonder what happened to our own hearts.  

God is our parent, at least He is mine.  As a parent, He wants us to give Him our pain so we don't have to suffer with them ourselves.  And who better to be our parent than the one, the only one who can actually fix and solve our problems for us?!  Let that sink in.  The problem is that we don't think we are worthy, and newsflash!  We're not.  The thing we can't grasp is why such a powerful God who can do and make things happen for us, would actually do and make things happen for us?  Our scrawny little human minds cannot and will never ever know the kind of love God has for EACH AND EVERY ONE of us!  But He actually does have a super love... Agape.   Yes, there is actually a word for it.  But instead of trying to understand it, we should just accept it.  It's always available for the taking, because Jesus gave up His life for it!  Acceptance is much easier to do, donchathink?

Until my next rant... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!


No comments: