CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Saturday, January 14, 2017

PRAYERS BEFORE PROTESTS





Do you sometimes find yourself complaining about, oh, maybe your pastor, or someone in a leadership position?  I do.  I'm not proud of it but sometimes I do complain in my mind about why my pastor said this or that, or why they do certain things I didn't approve of.  

I am quite aware that I have complained about the past president.  I didn't agree with what he did to the country for 8 years.  However, I suddenly realized that what I was doing had a very negative impact, not on the person in a leadership position, but really on myself.  It caused me anxiety and I realized further how unhealthy that was for my physical and mental well-being.

Most importantly, it didn't look good to God.  God said through Paul in the bible when he told Timothy to pray for their leaders.  Praying people produce good pastors and leaders, in this case.  As humans, we criticize them, judge their actions and disagree with their decisions.  The best way to handle it is not to handle it and instead, let God handle it.  God knows what is best and if He agrees with us, He will make a way to correct such leaders.  Tempering our protests with prayers so that God would intercede on our behalf and then thank God for them.

Let prayers be our first "go-to" instead of complaints.  Proving to God that we trust His judgment and His correction would pave the way for our own blessings.

Until my next rant... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!



No comments: