CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Sunday, May 12, 2013

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY







Mother’s day.  Why is this day so special to us?  Better yet, why are mothers so special?  Becaus she is the vessel used by God to bring us all into this earth, therein lies a deeper meaning.

The lucky ones are we whose mothers continue to nurture us even as we progress along in this world.  The less than lucky ones are the ones whose mothers either pass away at an early age or could care less about her children. 

However, mothers have a more profound purpose.  Their wombs are sort of the incubators for God’s way in which we become human beings on this earth.   In Psalm 139:13, For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

God needed a vessel in which to bring to earth His only Son in the flesh in the most humble of ways, through Mary.  Mary was the chosen one, a virgin at that.  She endured the snares of those who didn’t believe but because God promised He would be with her always, her unwavering faith carried her through.

As mothers, we as well are vessels for our children.  This is why the responsibility and constant guidance are bestowed upon us by God.  My own mother is kind, generous, loving and very affectionate.  She with all her imperfection is loved very dearly.  I have seen her struggles and victories.  As her child, I looked up to her as my sole role model.  She did not abandon her children no matter how trying life was with her.  She worked her fingers to the bone day and night so that we could have the finer things in life.  To her I owe everything I am.  I love her to pieces.  Happy Mother’s Day! 

On this day, reflect on your own mother, or whomever you consider as your mother and be grateful to God for who she is.



Until my next rant… LOVE ONE ANOTHER!  Love you, mean it. 

No comments: