CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Saturday, May 18, 2013

NERD ALERT!!


I am a self-professed nerd and proud of it.    Along with it I am obsessed with art.  I guess it would have not been too cool at a young age to the bullies around who remind you daily that you are not pretty enough, smart enough, athletic enough and the list goes on.  I was very fortunate that the school I attended  was quite calm with not a lot of bullying going on.  

As I grew more mature, I realized something.  As different as we all are individually, we each excel in something (talent) and lack in others.  For instance, I was never athletic.  It wasn't that I didn't try, I just didn't have any athletic abilities growing up.  I didn't like the heat, the sweat, and the competitiveness is not inherent in me.  But ask me to draw an athlete, and I am glad to do so.  Give me a math problem, I would look at you like you're crazy.

That is the beauty of our own individuality.  Imagine a world where everyone had the same amount of talent, good in every way.  It would make for a boring world.  God created us all that way but as one unit, we all mesh into His whole makeup.  We are many parts, but one body.  God expects us to use our God-given talents to share in the promotion of Him, a loving and perfect father.  Then figure in His only son.  Jesus is so many things to us and God.  Jesus is both God and Man.  That is precisely why he is the source that bridges the gap between man and God.  He relates to both.  Believe it or not, you already have the gift inside of you, it is your talents that God will use to promote the life that He has in store for all of us.  If you use your talent to do so, you are just one more step closer to understanding who God really is. 

Your talents could be anything.  Whether you are an artist, a writer, someone with the gift of gab, an athlete, a craftsman, whatever it is, it is there because He gave it to you to use.  He already knows what it is and how you will use it, the rest is up to you.

Until my next rant... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!!!! Love yah, mean it... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have obvious talent in writing too. Thanks for sharing. You are such a blessing. Praise God.