CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Friday, May 16, 2014

FRUSTRATION RELIEF


Watercolor and ink pen

What do you do when you're stressed?  Do you binge eat?  Do you scream into a pillow?  Do you reorganize your closet?

I wish I could do all those things, but eating will make me gain weight (oh you don't even know!),  I have hypothyroidism, so I'm screwed anyway!  I could scream into a pillow but who would hear me? Except for me and a sore throat later.  I could reorganize my closet but what's the use?  I am moving soon.  That's just it, there are things on this earth that is beyond our control more often than not.  We have no control over how people act, what they say, how they treat us, whether it is aggressively or the more dangerous one, passive aggressively.  It's frustrating!  

If we don't have an outlet for these situations, issues, problems, or whatever you wanna call it, we will go pretty much insane trying to find a door to walk out of and slam behind us.

One way you can do so is to express yourself through art.  It doesn't really matter if you can draw or not, art journaling using even cut outs from magazines, and your own words can really give you an expression relief.  You somehow need to let it out, and I believe that this is the most non-violent, non-agressive way to do it.

Last night for me was frustrating, but instead of drawing something as dark as how I felt, I forced myself to draw and paint something bright and cheery in my art journal.  


When I was done, guess what?  I was able to release those negative feelings and ended up with something that made me feel bright, sustained and beautiful such as this flower.  At the end, I called it my frustration flower!

Until my next rant... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

No comments: