CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Saturday, April 11, 2015

FASTING TO GET CLOSER YET TO GOD


When I first heard about juice fasting in 2003 from my daughter, I asked, "Why?"  She referred me to the website called www.freedom you.com .  There I found so much information about why and how to fast.  I successfully fasted for 5 days.  

The first three days was difficult because as humans, we are of our flesh and the flesh wants and needs food.  However, God never intended for us to put all the processed food and toxins in our bodies.  And with the fall of humanity and our current destructiveness, along with it comes the abuse of our internal bodies.

I am not immune to this.  I am addicted to sugar.  Overweight, I attributed it to my hypothyroidism.  In a way, the disease doesn't help with my metabolism but I couldn't imagine without it if I would even feel unhealthy.  Being slim doesn't mean you are healthy.  I know a lot of slim people who are unhealthy because I know what they eat.  

I thought about fasting again for Lent but I didn't want to feel like I was just doing it because it was the norm.  So I've decided yesterday that today will be the day.

Upon waking up this morning, I immediately thought about having my normal breakfast of egg and mushroom omelette.  Just typing it right now is making me crave it.  But I digress.

So instead, I decided to be happy and I pulled out my juicer from the garage and made myself an apple carrot juice.  It was divine.  I had about 4 oz of juice from 2 carrots and one granny smith.

I sat outside in the sun and prayed to God to help me through this journey.  Last night I read the book Juice Fasting and Detoxification Use the Healing Power of Fresh Juice to Feel Young and Look Great - The fastest way to restore your health by Steve Meyerowitz.  It is a great book and it explains in depth what Juice Fasting is all about.  

It is now 5pm and I feel great.  I do however feel some tongue coating.  It seems my vision is clear and I am in a state of euphoria.  I don't seem to notice the negativity and seem to focus more on nature.  The sun on my skin feels amazing.

But this is just the beginning of my journey.  I am going to try to go for longer than 5 days.  I am however, wishing it was day 3 already!

Below is what my vegetable broth looks like.  I have since strained it, so it is pure liquid.  Coffee with Almond Milk and Agave is divine! 

One thing I can say is my thoughts since this morning have been in constant conversation with God!  satan is having a fit, though.  Too bad so sad for him.


P.S.  Not a fan of beet juice but will force it down nonetheless.

Until my next rant (which will probably be tomorrow)... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

No comments: