CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Sunday, June 5, 2016

DISCOVERING YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE


***PAINTING IS AVAILABLE FOR SALE ON ETSY*

I was posed a question one day, "What were you born to do to make a difference in the world?"  It must have been one of the most difficult questions I have ever had to answer.  It wasn't an instant knowledge for me.

It took years of analysis of my own life, my own abilities to be able to come up with the reason for my life.  There were times when I struggled with it.  Until one Sunday, at a church service, Pastor Bill narrowed it down for me.  He said, what is your natural talent that God has given you to share with the world for his Glory.  The question wasn't easy to assess but it got me closer to my answer.  I then asked myself, how can I use being an artist to help further the kingdom of God?

I wasn't in any way a public speaker, I am a self-proclaimed introvert befitting to my artistic personality.  I have the words in my head about what to say, but put me in front of people and I clam up.  So that avenue was out.

I am however, a pretty decent writer.  I've written poems, short stories and in the process of writing an autobiography, maybe not for the world to read but at least my family's generation to come.

So here I am today, writing blog posts associated with my artwork.  I found a niche I could fit in.  God tells me almost daily what to write and illustrate.  It is perhaps the most comfortable place  for me.  My posts are being read all over the world.  But mostly America and Russia.  Thank you so much to you all who read my posts and view my artwork.  I hope it inspires you as much as you all inspire me.

So to recap, what are you passionate about?  What are your talents you can share to the world for God's glory?  Like Steph Curry who is unabashedly giving God the glory for every time he plays and plays well.  What can you contribute?  It may not be a talent you think is a talent.  You may have the gift of gab and engage people to what you are saying.  You may be able to influence someone to turn their lives back to God. My motto is, if I can only save ONE soul, then my purpose is completely satisfied.

Thank you again for readying my posts.  Until my next rant... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!!



No comments: