CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Friday, March 17, 2017

Saints vs. Swine



There are two types of people according to Viktor Frankl an Austrian neurologist, psychiatrist and a holocaust survivor when faced with the unavoidable and complete influence of their surroundings.  He noted that while at camp, he witnessed that some people acted like saints, choosing to help others while some acted like swines, forgetting humanity and thinking only of themselves.

Even as I go through life, I witness the same especially in the relationships between children.  I can distinguish those who are caring, possess maturity and genuine responsibility towards another.  Then there are those who barrel past everyone to get the best of the best of everything and anything no matter what the cost.

I can't help but feel the disassociation with the swine people from the pure heart of God.  Yes, admittedly, like others, I fall prey to imperfections on a daily basis but most of the time, I feel compassion, caring and sympathy.  How sad for those who have created an island of themselves instead of being oceans washing many shores.  God's purpose, at least for me, is to touch as many lives as I possibly can and I hope and pray I have been doing so in my own little way.  

But I learned to determine and decide what is right from wrong with the help of three questions: 1) Are my actions coming from pure motives? 2) Will anyone be offended? and 3) Will it expose me to the danger of developing bad habits?  Answering the questions honestly, and with the help of God's urging through prayers will get us to the right answer.  More often the world is full of people who live by the law of the jungle, the ME law, what will benefit ME first before I even start thinking about others, rather than a world abiding by the law of love.  

The world is suffering from famine today, starved of the spiritual and learning to witness through love is our best contribution to it.

Until my next rant... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!



No comments: