CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Saturday, June 24, 2017

A PERSONAL PROTECTOR



There was a time in my life when I was a young single mother, my mother, stepfather and father-in-law would come visit me to make sure that I have the basic necessities for my daughter and I.  My stepdad would sometimes pick me up and we would go grocery shopping for the week.  My mother would come over to visit with bags of groceries and clothes, whether I needed them or not.  I felt very safe and loved.  I would do the same for my children because the love that was shown to me made such an impact on me that I passed it on to my own children.

When Jesus faced His fate on the cross, He also gave us a protector before He left.  Even though He is God, He was able to experience what it was like to be in the flesh.  Although He was powerful and Holy enough to ward off the evilness of satan, He knew of the pain and suffering we would experience as flesh because He himself went through them.  Because of His love for us, and because He could not be present with us all, He left us a protector.  One who is an equal part of Him and God the Father.  But this one is pretty special in my book.  He is the one who is inside of our hearts, our minds and our bodies who guides us every step of the way through this life.

The Holy Spirit is our conscience that prods us to be Christ-like.   He is the one who protects us from the evil principalities that surround us every day.  He is the one who blesses us and grants us the answer to our prayers.  He is the link, that feeling of close intimacy with God.  What a wonderful gift Jesus has left us.  Our individual protection.  Jesus could have stayed in the world had it not already been planned from the start, but if He stayed in the flesh, He could not have had a one on one with every single person alive.  With the Holy Spirit, He can.  Isn't God just awesome?  And as soon as we stop questioning His mere power with our limited understanding and our human mental capacity, but instead have pure faith, we will be able to let the love flow into our lives from God.

Until my next rant... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

No comments: