CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Sunday, June 4, 2017

AFRAID OF LIFE, AFRAID OF DEATH



It really is amusing to me that I have a fear of things beyond my control.  Perhaps that is a normal human reaction as I am sure I am not the only one who feels that way.  

When things are good in life, we often fear that a problem will arise around the bend.  Instead of enjoying the calm, we brace ourselves for the storm.

My first (and perhaps last) paragliding experience in Maui was interesting.  As I was being hoisted up in the air like a kite, I white-knuckled the strap around me as if letting go would send me plummeting to the very scary and vast Pacific Ocean.  However, as my mind settled and got used to the unfamiliar state of being, I began to appreciate the silence of the atmosphere, away from the noise of the terrain below.  My mind wondered about how fortunate the birds in flight as they experience its peacefulness.  

Back on land I couldn't help but appreciate life and all of God's blessings.  The paragliding experience gave me a glimpse of being taken up with Jesus upon His return, only more glorious!

Confident living is a result of a relationship with Christ, and not by one's own resolution.  The more we seek and know Christ, His complete control will be ever so present within us and the more we can relax.  Life is not for us to control, even our own lives.  The bigger Christ is in our lives, whether by life or death, the more confident we are in fully trusting Him as we live our our days on earth.

Until my next rant... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!



No comments: