CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Sunday, February 26, 2012

DECOMPRESS AND GET REFURBISHED

I know, I know, it’s not exactly artwork this time.  These are my brushes that have been put through the ringer.  They tirelessly worked their bristles to the bone for me… for years!  Somehow, I never thought about these brushes as the vital part of what I create.  So, today and for the next several days, they’re going to sit in a bath of brush solution to free them from the corrosion that have accumulated all these years in assisting me to create and put into paper all these pictures in my head.

As the years go by, life happens.  We work hard to live comfortably.  However, if you pick that word apart, does it really serve up what we intended for it to do for us?  What does comfort really mean anyway?  I can attest that all those years I gave up my all for a job day to day, feeling guilty if I was giving it my 100% just to find out in the end that I was really expendable and/or I get a watch with the company’s logo on it.  Wait, it has a gold face! 

Like these brushes, every year, corrosion accumulates.  We never find enough time in our very busy day to take a deep breath, decompress, to take the time to love ourselves.  I tell you, now that I am nearing the age “up there” it is not worth it.  If I can do it all over again, I would have said NO more often, given myself time to do art at least 2 hours a day, not worrying about the big mess I would have to leave on the workspace while I go back to work or tend to the kids. 

Before you can truly say you love someone, you have to love yourself first.  Stay balanced.  Give yourself to others but not before giving yourself to YOU.  Take time to read a book, spend 30 minutes to an hour per day with your eyes closed just listening to your favorite music.  Go see a movie alone, if you dare!  You’re so much worth than you realize and you will be happier for it!  Just like these brushes will thank me after they’ve been de-corroded (it’s a word now!) and reconditioned to serve me for more years to come. 

Have a beautiful week, God bless you and love one another!!!! OK! I CAN'T STAND IT!  I HAD TO ADD ARTWORK :)

No comments: