CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

TOO BAD FOR YOU IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE

I love this line.  It is my ex-mother in law's line and it tickles everytime I think about her saying it in her Boston accent!  So it became one of my favorite mantras as it embodies most of who I am.  I don't mean to say that sarcastically, but yeah, I've been labeled sarcastic before, one of the nuance traits I have which actually makes me human.

The reason this came to mind is that I am aware that I can't please everyone. I'm sure deep inside we all know that truth, right?  There will be people who love us and then there are others... hmmm... not so much.  As I have said in my past blog, I wasn't put on this earth to please people.  Ya gotta love me or not love me, period.  It's all good. 

As much as I agree that no man is an island, I also concur that co-dependency is unhealthy.  Whether it be with a spouse, a child, a parent or a friend, happiness is not measured by how anyone perceives you in your best light.  It is virtually impossible to achieve as we were all born with so many imperfections.  As long as we can accept and be ok in ourselves about them, the faster we can progress in this life and grow and maybe be able to work with those imperfections to somehow dilute them.

I know at least one person who may not think the world of me, but that's ok. When this person hides behind other people to sheild them from their truth, it is a losing battle for him/her.  In the past few days, watching a dear friend stricken with cancer and how it affected him and his friends and family,  made me realize how precious and fragile life is.  We are given one chance, one chance to make a great mark on this earth to make the most out of what was given to us.  God is not idle.  He's omnipresent.  When Jesus said Love One Another, the true meaning of that is even if you have enemies and people who don't like you, it's ok, forgive them and move on.  Revenge is not for you to have, it is reserved for God.  God will eventually move in that person's life which may compel them to make it all right, just know that He will so let him take the wheel.  Then be free!

No comments: