CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

SERENDIPITY

Serendipity means a happy accident.  I call it the "OMG! I forgot I had this" moment when you find that something you've been looking for all this time, or that one that you had forgotten you had.  I am a pack rat for memories.  I don't keep clothes, or old mags, etc. but I do hold on to my past paintings, memorabilias, photos, favorite art project tools. 

Last Saturday, I was organizing my art studio when I found this painting I had done in 2004.

It was the time when I had a few hours of quiet so I revisited painting again since I have 2 kids and a full time job which pretty much took all of my time.  I had dreams of one day owning a white horse, lol!  Since I couldn't at the time, I poured my impulsiveness of maybe going out and getting a horse to keep in my little bitty backyard.  Then after the painting was done, it was stowed away between the pages of my canvas sheets to be rediscovered today, almost 10 years later.  It was serendipitous. 

Every now and then God gives us serendipitous moments.  For me, it's His reminder that sadness, pain, sickness, or any other negative events that we are faced with is not the end.  It isn't over.  Why? Because HE already said so.

Have a great day and love one another....

No comments: