CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Sunday, October 20, 2013

GIVE IT UP THEN FORGET ABOUT IT




I’ve been writing blog posts for almost two years now and I am hoping that you continue to take away something good every time.  Whether you agree with me or not, knowing that it somehow helped in any way would be so humbling to me.  Week after week God has impressed in me what subject to touch up on, but sometimes it’s just me sharing what I enjoy doing because I feel so blessed to be able to do so in this type of forum.  

I am not a public speaker.  I do not feel comfortable speaking in front of any kind of crowds.  So when God impressed in me to share my testimony, I struggled in my search for a way to impart His precious message.  I knew that I had a passion for art and then suddenly, one day, He impressed in me to use it to help in getting more people to a path that leads straight to Him.  So, in obedience, here I am.


Oftentimes, I get passionate about what I write just because that is how passionate I am about the importance of having God in my life.  I cringe whenever I hear someone say after a tragedy that there is no God.  As much as I can understand the sadness one must feel when tragedy strikes, I can’t help but wonder have they really done their part in actually having a good relationship with God, or if they even acknowledge Him at all throughout their lives? 

There is a misunderstanding about humans and tragedy.  Please understand that God does not cause tragedies to happen in our lives.  We don’t cause tragedies in our lives.  Satan on the other hand IS the cause of tragedies in our lives.  I believe that anything good that happens in our lives is God’s doing, and anything bad is not.  God does however, use every tragic event to get us to shimmy a little closer to Him so that He can carry our burdens.  Now why would God, the most powerful being, stoop down to our level so low when we don’t even deserve it.  The answer is simple. That’s how much He loves us.  So much so that He gave up His son so that we can be cleansed from our original sins.  And no matter how much we sin even after we are born again, He keeps on loving us.  All we have to do is love Him back enough to become one with Him.  How dare we blame Him to cause us tragedy.  It doesn’t make sense.  Someone who can forgive us with no questions asked, sins forgotten, that same person cannot cause us sorrow!  It doesn’t make sense.

So the next time a love one dies, or when you see unfortunate people homeless on the street, someone with a terminal illness, or even the problems you face daily, stop and think about it first.  Will you be spiritually mature enough to say yes, this is a challenge facing me today, but I will call on you Lord to help me out because this is a burden I cannot carry, nor can I change.  God said in His Word, give me your burdens and I will give you rest.  Let me ask you, can you look around you and honestly tell me, if there is anyone in the flesh around you, whether they be family or friends, who would ever offer to take your heartache, burdens, tragedy, suffering, etc. so that you didn’t have to bear them anymore?  No one.  Only God.

Until my next rant... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

No comments: