CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Sunday, October 6, 2013

SHE DID WHAT? OH EVE!



How different would our world have been if Eve did not taken a bite of that forbidden fruit! God had the perfect life for them.  Had she not disobeyed Him, we would not have to experience death, sickness, hate, pain, sadness, disappointment, etc. 

Have you ever wondered about that?  I have.  If given the opportunity, I would ask her that very question.  But I think that once in heaven, we will be all-knowing, and would not have to ask any questions or even have doubts.  No negative feelings, right?

Be that as it may, we are humans and not immune to negativity in our lives.  We have all disobeyed our parents, spouses, employers, etc. because of our imperfect nature as human beings.  It depends on what we have learned through those mistakes that shape our future.

I often hear the saying, "Insanity is doing something over and over and expecting different results."  I'm sure this phrase is no stranger to you either.  Do we really learn from our mistakes?  I hope so.  There is no sadder story than intentionally hurting ourselves because we made a decision knowing the results were going to be devastating.  

God knows our struggles.  He knows how our lives will be shaped before we even shape them.  I don't know about you but I made a decision to have the All-Knowing God be on my side when I do make decisions.  I always try to make decisions based on the premise that they would be a testimony of who I am as a Christian and/or Godly person.  Am I successful every time?  No!  Of course not, I am still human, not immune to make mistakes.

See, God doesn't expect you to be perfect when you decided to be a Christian.  He KNOWS that you are going to falter sooner or later.  Indeed there are Christians who profess their perfection in plain sight but at the same time those of us who know better understand that they do make mistakes.  Does it matter, though?  No!  It doesn't matter what other people do with their lives, faith, time or relationships.  It is not for us to judge them.  It is not for us to play God and say "oh they should be punished because they are such hypocrites".  We are only responsible for our own actions.  We, as true Christians, have to love them no matter what.  Yes, I said it!  Love them because if we are true followers of Christ, we should mirror His ways.  His ways point to loving EVERYONE!  Once we have figured out how to do this without letting our "human nature" get in the way, then we will be blessed by God and at the same time we bless Him as well.

God points out that if we only love the GOOD people, then we are not really making a dent.  It is when we love the sinners, or the non-believers and help them to learn God's ways, is when we are blessed and the angels in heaven sing our praises.  God is pleased.

What's that you say?  It's hard to do that?  Yes, of course it is hard to do.  However, we don't really win anything by doing something easy, right?  It is hard to forgive your enemies but once you do, then your testimony and Christian living will show through.  It will melt anyone's heart.  We all know that!  So with that, I forgive and love everyone... including Eve.

Until my next rant.... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you put thoughts and words in my heart that encourage me to think about my own relationship with God. Thanks for the weekly inspiration.
God bless you!