CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Saturday, May 23, 2015

TO GOD BE THE GLORY




     Do you ever sometimes wonder why Jesus’ occupation, out of all the chosen occupations, was a carpenter?  Not only did he build things, He built it with perfection.  Perhaps it is like Father, like Son.  God created the universe and every living creature and beauty that we see down to the very atom that is our makeup.  But His crowning achievement is the human soul.

     Even the best of the best human creator in the likes of Michaelangelo with the Sistine Chapel, Mozart and his musical genius, Einstein for his contribution to science or Leonardo DaVinci, Van Gogh, and the list goes on and on.  All of these people can credit their greatness to God who created them and who alone deserves all the glory!

     But it all doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, there is no competition and in the middle of all these distractions, one thing is certain, we are God’s crowning creation.

     We can sometimes get caught in our own light.  What we have achieved throughout our life, the pinnacle of our successes can cast a shadow over God’s glory.  When this happens, we get enamored with our own abilities instead of relying on God’s power and strength to make the progress for us.

    Relying on our own abilities will eventually fall flat.  But by inviting God to work through us to impart His message to the unsaved which is peace, it will render us like a well-oiled machine ready and able to handle the task that God planned for us to complete before we are taken up.

    It is not enough that we are saved.  When you aren’t saved, it is difficult to understand.  But when you are truly surrendered to God, His plan becomes your plan, His will your own will, and then being able to do His work through you is a breeze.

     If you have not realized by now, God’s plan for me is to use my artistic talent for the furtherance of His kingdom.  At times I feel inadequate especially when I put His Kingdom into perspective of my abilities as a lowly artist can do.  But when I ask for His guidance to assist me in my task as an artist, He whole-heartedly does so.  Therefore, when I get compliments about my artwork, I graciously give God all the Glory.  The creator of all things is God, ALL THINGS.  So I am not worthy to take credit for anything I create.  It’s all HIM.


     Until my next rant… LOVE ONE ANOTHER!!!


No comments: