CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

SELF-MOTIVATE



Raise your hand if you are just like me when it comes to self-motivation.  I have to push, sometimes shake, myself to achieve what I had set out to do.  Also, inconsistent.  So, for me to be effective for others, and without further ado, I think it's time for me to apply the following steps on how to be self-motivated in order to successfully achieve whatever it is that we planned to do:

1)      Put your plans down on paper.  Preferably in a journal that you would revisit regularly to be reminded.  I choose to type it in big bold letters and tape it in front of the place where I spend much of my time, such as my computer desk.

2)      Break big tasks into smaller, more specific steps.   For example, “look into selling my art at art festivals” I would break this down into a) researching the towns where they are b) contact each one and ask as many questions so I can compare them.

3)      Decide how I want to start:  Do you want to prepare the marketing side of your task?  Research?  Make a list and you can make changes as you go.

4)      Establish checkpoints to check my progress:  Make a chart and check off completed tasks.

5)      Know the difference between "I can’t" and "I don’t".  Our success is only limited to our own perseverance.  We have to desire to achieve them head-on and give it our best.

6)      Remind yourself of the benefits of completing the job.  There is nothing more satisfying for me than seeing all the crossed out items on my list.

7)      Do a small part of it right now.  Give yourselves a deadline but make sure you are giving yourself reasonable time to reach your goal.

8)      Be optimistic.  Don’t let the negative inner voice overcome the positive voice.  If it takes awhile for God to give you answers to your prayers, be patient.  He will eventually give you what you need.  Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things thorough Christ who strengthens me.”  Isaiah 40:31 “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.  They shall mount up with wings like eagles, run and not be weary, walk and not faint.”

9)      Establish an action environment.  Visualize yourself putting those goals into action.  Use your time efficiently and effectively.

10) Use the stimulation of good news to do extra work for God.  Let’s just put it this way.  Anything that happens to you that is positive, which makes you happy, find ways to do something positive for someone else so they can experience your happiness and recognize that God works thorough you to send them positivity.

11) Recognize when indecisions is causing apathy in your life.  Apathy is defined as a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivation and passion.  In other words, only you can make the wheels turn.  Analyze the matter with deep focus, ask God to help you get to a conclusion then make the decision.  What’s exciting is, God already knows what’s going to happen so whatever He says to you, you might as well do.

12) Give yourself the right to make mistakes.  Nothing is certain in life.  This is what makes life interesting and exciting.  Has the world stop yet because someone made a mistake?  Well, there you go!

13) Enlist a partner.  Two heads are better than one.  Don’t ever feel afraid or too proud to ask for help. 

14) Read and do whatever it takes to increase your skills.  To quote Dr. DeMartini, “when you’re green you grow, when you’re ripe, you rot.”  Stay green, especially when you get older, it keeps you young.  Ecclesiastes 10:10: “using a dull ax requires great strength, so sharpen the blade.  That’s the value of wisdom; it helps you succeed.”


Start today, whatever goal you are trying to reach.  On that note… I gotta get some work done! 

Till my next rant, have a blessed week and LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

No comments: