CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Sunday, April 1, 2012

WHAT HEALS YOU?


Here's a tutorial for the Charm Girl that I am giving away this week.

P.S. The two things I didn't have a name for was "clasp" and "eyelet" lol!!

Art heals.  Well for me, at least.  We all have a way of letting off steam.  I don’t mean just when we’re angry or frustrated, that is a given, but also unwinding after a hard day’s work, or just unwinding from the wiles of day to day living.  Some play golf, others go out dancing, etc.  For me it’s flinging paint around on a blank substrate.  When sleep eludes me, I make art.  It instantly sends me to a magical place, whether it is just after a sketch or just applying gesso on my substrate. My Therapy.

At the end of it all, I feel so much better, defragged. 

When I feel like the woes of the world bear me down, I release it through art.  The feeling manifests itself in the final illustration. Art is my link to God.  I concurrently have a deep conversation with Him.  The connection and the result of my work represent it. 

We are NOT robots.  Regardless of our past, we are innately strong, we get over it, and move on.  In my relationship with God, I find that His love gets me through whatever it is I am whining about.  For instance He said in His word, I am all you need, and I will provide, these words always ring true for me.  As long as I believe that He is behind the wheel, I’m ok.  As I go on, He does take care of me.

Like everyone’s life, mine is a roller coaster too.  Highs and lows, but Faith carries me through.  I love capturing those moments in my art and creating something positive out of something negative and hopefully evoke some kind of tug in those who view them.  That is where I get my true happiness and validation as an artist when someone says, your art made me smile, or it made my day, etc.  When they say you’re a talented artist, it is appreciated more than they ever realize, because God’s beauty is appreciated.  But the true grit for me is the emotions evoked by my art within them that makes it all worthwhile.

No comments: