CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Monday, April 30, 2012

THIS WEEK'S ARTWORK FROM MY HAPPY COCOON STUDIO

PRAYER FLAGS

Still in the works, each individual flag was created from repurposed tea bags (the middle part) stamped, sealed and another one painted then appliqued on fabric, embellished with ribbon and beads.  On the back I sewed on a little note of a prayer, but one was left blank for its new owner to fill out with his/her own prayer.  A tutorial will be posted soon, so save those tea bags for your own project.  See photos below:



ON THE FLIP SIDE


ON THE FLIP SIDE. YOU CAN WRITE YOUR OWN PRAYER.  SEAL WITH GEL MEDIUM
Next, I made butterflies called "Bushnellflies", her face was based on a cute little baby who is part of the Bushnell family.  Template for this butterfly will be available on Etsy for really cheap so you can make it yourself over and over, adding your own flavor to it, like I did.  I will also have a tutorial for this  probably this week.  They are so much fun to make.  The template will have a small size and large size.  Please post them on my blog when you are done.  Just add a comment and share the link or if you can post a photo, please do.  





Watch out for the tutorial.  If you like you can sign up to get notification for the announcement of the tutorial.  I will post it here on my blog.  Simply scroll down until you see the videos, and I will also post it on YouTube under Myhappycocoon channel.

Lastly, I dabbled in making bracelets again just to get rid of the millions of beads I have in my studio.  They will also be available on Etsy under My Happy Cocoon or Anamarie Fox. I hope you like them and enjoyed viewing this week's artwork.  Till my next rant... Love one another!





No comments: