CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

BOHO CHIC LIVING ROOM - THE COMPLETION


A few months ago, I thought I was done with my Boho Chic living room but I realized that there were still some large furniture in it that negate that.  So the opportunity arose when my mother moved back into her previous residence and needed refurnish it. 

With the knowledge that I would finally be able to get a red couch, I searched Craigslist for one... or two.  I didn't have enough money to buy brand new so I had to settle for a used one.  However, I am very meticulous when it comes to used ones so it took me a couple of weeks to find one I was even willing to drive to and examine.  I found these couch and love seat that looked fairly new and clean.  I called the owner who told me that they were stored in their garage currently as they were replaced with sectionals.  They were only two years old, placed in a formal living room so barely sat on.  So we headed over and sure enough, it was clean, pet free, and stain free and came with a plethora of throw pillows.  I was sold... and excited to take them home.

You see, with a little patience and research, you CAN get what you want.  These couches were reasonable but of course I haggle, why not?  All they can say is NO.  Won't hurt my feelings.

The next day I purchased a 4'x4' canvas half price from Michaels and got to work.  Three full days later, my painting was finished.

Viola!  My completed (or so I think) boho chic living room.  If there is anything else I would probably do, it will be to cover the double papasan cushion to protect it, but that will perhaps come later... Much later.



Till my next rant... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!!!

No comments: