CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

IN THE DAYS OF OLD



When I saw this picture, a flood of inspiration overcame me.  A feeling of nostalgia triggered for those days when politeness, respect and caring were inherent in everyone as I drew and painted.  As human beings, we are imperfect, but deep within our core there will always be some good.  As the centuries turn, we fell farther and farther from good and were pulled towards unrest.  It saddens me to see the sign of the times but still hopeful and prayerful that we can make the change back to the days of old.

This morning as I read my Bible, God led me to the Book of Daniel.  In the past, I’ve only heard of the stories within that book but never fully digested the entire story.  I mulled about how great men, Kings at that, as tyrannical as they were, immediately change their course and succumb to the champions of faith such as Daniel, the messenger of God as he told of their fate if they continue to lead his people to worship idols.  Today it seems leaders’ hearts are stone cold.  If in those days the wrath of God brought cruel punishments, I shudder at the thought of our own punishment.  The sins I see in this current world is insurmountable compared to the acts done in biblical times, although we know that sin is sin, theirs is pale in comparison to ours.

God has a reason for everything and I believe the reason he led me to this book today is clear.  So I rant about it to you, in the hopes that it could lead you to read this book of the Bible, if not only to read such great a story as I thought it was.  It may touch you quite in a totally different way but I’m hoping its meaning, as deep as it was for me, hits just as deep for you in your soul.

Until my next rant…. LOVE ONE ANOTHER!


No comments: