CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Sunday, February 24, 2013

FIELD TRIP- JAPANTOWN, SAN FRANCISCO


We all need to wind down sometimes, even artists.  The creative bank should always be filled.  This is what I do when I run out of ideas.  Kill two birds with one stone.  I needed Japanese art brushes anyway, so why not make a field trip of it?  So, I want to share the day with you.  It was a sunny day about 60 degrees, which is really perfect considering the rain and cold weather we've been getting lately.



And good thing we did.  To see the progress of the new Bay Bridge and to share the last of the time of the old Bay Bridge.  The new one is going to be awesome but the old one will be missed.


 I like Japanese food but I stay away from the sushi.  I do like the California rolls, those are actually cooked.  I do know a bunch of people who love sushi and can pretty much live on them.  Not this girl, though.

I do love the Japanese cutesy stuff like this life size Pikachu.  Well, life-size is actually unknown because it is a fictional character!



 It's a pagoda, people.  And below is a zen garden.  Japanese people are minimalists.  So for my next artwork, I will NOT be a minimalist.  They will probably balk at that idea!



The dramatic poser strikes again!


I love this bumper sticker!

I could've spent more but thought I better not.  I love this store because it has everything and these paints were $1.50 each.  So I thought they would be crappy, but I was so mistaken.  They were actually very fluid, so SCORE!  The brushes were something I "NEEDED"!  :)  Love it, loved the day!

Till my next rant.... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!!!

No comments: