Process for this project:
1) Masked sketch of the girl
2) With the masking fluid, I dragged the brush to make the tree trunks from bottom to top, tapering off at the top and also adding branches.
3) Let dry overnight
4) Spritz back and front of the watercolor paper and laid it on the plexiglass
5) Applied background colors of yellows, aqua blue, ultramarine blues, dark greens, etc and let dry for a couple of hours
6) Then I added some more washes until I was happy with it.
7) Removed the masking fluid and added the details of the girl and her dog
8) For the dress, I took the same aquamarine paint as the background and applied it to her dress and then laid crumpled plastic wrap and let it dry a little but not all the way.
9) I used light grays and burnt umber to shade the tree trunks and added some details but not much.
10) I randomly placed drops of red randomly and while still wet, added orange on top and yellows. Let dry
11) I detailed some of the tree trunks with black sumi ink and added some details to the flowers, stems, and what seems to be grass.
12) Lastly, sign.
To watch the video process, please click the link http://youtu.be/3crbJH8nmEQ