CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Monday, February 25, 2013

HEY, SMILE! LIFE ISN'T THAT BAD



I had a doctor's appointment today and on the way to the med center, I was thinking happy thoughts and marveling at the fact that at my last appointment I noticed how the staff were so friendly.  I was so impressed.  So when I got to the registration desk, I was met with a warm smile and it was pleasant.  

My name was called into the area where the nurse would take my blood pressure and she had a mean mug and in addition, she was very curt.  So try as I might to crack jokes and be upbeat she continued on her diva attitude.  What took the cake is when she bid me goodbye with a matching, "you're all set" dismissal.

I could just as easily have been as curt to her but I was too happy with my initial expectation, now deflated, but did not want to let one person really steal my joy today.  It's bad enough that my blood pressure read a bit on the high side, so what the heck.

There will be days like these only because we are not in possession of magic wands to make life a bed of roses, so it really helps that I have this outlet to share my thoughts about it.  If I didn't have a blog, no biggie, I will probably have a journal.  It helps to let it out even to pour into words because one person's apparent problems is like a virus to all who they are in contact with especially when they don't really know how to just let it slide.  I am by no means perfect when it comes to this but when I happen to be a recipient of such a dismal attitude, I try to let it slip off me and refuse to get infected.  I post this artwork I did a while back because she reminded me of the face this girl made at me today. I would have rather gotten a smile instead.

Till my next rant.... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

No comments: