CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

TIPSY TUESDAY - LOVE DOLLS, OH YEAH!

I love these LOVE dolls.  I'm not going to bog you down with the details.  First, I made a very simple pattern, head, arms, legs and body, just like the photo below.  Then I made 2 sides, front and back. I stitched around with an opening, turned and stuffed it with polyfill.  You can make your own pattern etc.   I then painted the entire doll yellow.


I then printed out some bible verses, highlighted them in different colors then cut them in strips.

After cutting them in strips, I curled them using the finger scissors method, meaning with the strip in between my thumb and scissors and with a little pressure, pull the strip through to make it curl.  Set aside.


Stamp the body with your favorite stamp.  I used my Love verse stamp 1 Corinthians 13.



I then used the strips of curled verses as her her, cut a piece of heart shaped, and in a separate cardboard, stamp a face.  Attach them to the face area to make face.
 Embellish with ribbons, bling, etc.  



Attach a pinback.




Variations


 Till my next rant.... LOVE ONE ANOTHER!  Love you, mean it!





No comments: