CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY

CLICK THIS ARTWORK TO ENTER GALLERY
CLICK THIS PHOTO TO ENTER GALLERY

Sunday, March 3, 2013

CLEAN EATING/LOSING WEIGHT CHALLENGE


No, thank God I am not a candidate for the show but I do have to lose a few el-bees.  My daughter is able to talk me into the vegan world which I am willing to try although I do love my shrimps and chicken, so that may be incorporated sometimes.  Then I went to my nephew's birthday party and my other nephew, Blaine challenged me to get into the macro diet.  So I got set up with MyFitnessPal http://www.myfitnesspal.com where you can enter your stats and daily food intake to help me along by taking charge of my weight maintenance.  After our cruise last year, I gained back 10 of the 23 lbs I lost and that's huge for me because I can feel my knees screaming "uncle!" sometimes.  Overall, I just need to be nicer to my body.

That being said, today is my first day and so far I have been doing good.  I still have to hold back reaching for that bag of banana chips.  But I did make something good for dinner.  My own version of zucchini fritters.  I would like to share it with you in the hopes of tagging along with me on my journey should you wish to do so.  It does take some doing but I believe in the end it will be well worth it.  So the recipe abounds:

ZUCCHINI FRITTERS

2 large zucchinis (shredded)
1 c. panko
1 tbsp flaxseed ground
2 cloves garlic minced or chopped
¼ c. diced onion or shallot
¼ c. shredded vegan cheese
¼ c. egg replacer
pepper
pinch of parsley
pinch of sage
olive oil

Makes 10 medium sized patties

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and form into patties and fry.  






Serve with marinara sauce on top and whole wheat penne pasta and broccoli.


No comments: